Waxing will leave your skin super smooth and you feeling a million dollars.
© The Beauty Refinery. All images and videos are copyright protected.
What is waxing?
Waxing is the process of removing hair from the root by using either warm wax or hot wax.
What to do prior to the treatment?
If you have previously shaved then please allow 2-3 weeks so your hair is at a good length. Please don’t trim any hair.
If you’re visiting us for an eyebrow wax, then please avoid tweezing them before and in between your treatments.
On the day of your treatment, avoid wearing tight clothing and applying moisturiser in the area to be treated.
What are the benefits of waxing?
- One of the best benefits of waxing is that your skin will feel ultra smooth and even.
- When waxing, you’re not only removing unwanted hair, but it also removes dry and dead skin cells in the process.
- You will have less regrowth in between appointments.
- Your hair will grow back progressively finer and sparser.
- Your skin will get gentle exfoliation.
- Your skin will be less prone to inflammation.
- You will have less annoying itching and prickliness.
- You will avoid the risk of nicks and cuts that you get from shaving.
- You will have less chance of ingrowing hairs.
- Your skin will feel super smooth and you’ll feel a million dollars :)
What is difference between cartridge wax and spatula wax?
Cartridge wax is the quickest way for waxing large areas such as the legs, arms, back and stomach.
Our cartridges are one use only so we dispose of them. Some salons reuse them by filling more wax in the used wax.
All our waxes are premium quality and are made in Italy.
A special wax heater is been used to warm cartridge wax and because these cartridges are disposable their heads are really firm and secure.
There’s no chance of dripping as the head is fixed. These cartridges glide along the skin very easily and that’s why it’s the quickest and cleanest way to wax. We dispose of our cartridges after every use.
Spatula wax requires a pot wax heater where we use a wooden disposable spatula to apply wax on the client’s skin which we dispose of after every application. We use different sized spatulas for different parts of the body.
We also cut the strips to smaller sizes to target the smaller areas.
In both procedures, disposable paper strips are required to remove wax and the hair from the skin.
What is the difference between warm wax and hot wax?
What is the difference between waxing and shaving?
Waxing and shaving are totally different treatments.
Wax swiftly pulls hair directly from the root, whereas shaving is more of a trim that only cuts the hair leaving the root intact.
After Wax Advice
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or another exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.